We Chase the Industry

Every week I will be testing and reviewing a new electronic cigarette or e liquid and documenting my travels and trials in vaping. Subscribe to our weekly mailing list, or like us on Facebook. Stay tuned for more from Vapor Chaser or Contact us @ blogvaporchaser@gmail.com

Monday, April 4, 2011

Obsidian Vapor, White Review


I came upon Obsidian Vapor a week or so ago, and Im a sucker for mystery flavors, and WHITE is described as a "pure mystery" heres the run down from their site "Obsidian White is a pure mystery. What flavor is it? You be the judge. We've heard all kinds of guesses as to what flavor it is, but so far, none have guessed correctly. Come to think of it, no one has even come close!

This taste is so subtle, it's barely discernible.

UPDATE! As of 3/24/11 the secret flavor was successfully identified by a gentleman who goes by the handle "RockClimb". For his devotion to the Gods of the Black Rock and IDing the flavor, he gets $45 in store credit. Good work RC!!!"

Well I got my order in the mail today, and what better way to spend a Saturday than sampling some new liquids. So here we go with Obsidian white. Im using an ego battery and a fresh carto from COV. Filling the carto i cam smell cinnamon. This may be bad, I think Im a little allergic to cinnamon, it makes my throat tighten up and gags me. this may be a really bad idea but I have never vaped cinnamon........here we go.

Flavor, First draw.........hmmmm. Second draw........Hold in the button for about 10 seconds. THERE IT IS. Its a tobacco. it has a really light tone to it, but Im not getting the cinnamon I smelled earlier. Im a big fan of AVE and this taste like their C&D (cowboys and death) Its like a Marlboro flavor, it always tasted like trying to smoke a cigarette in the rain, when it gets wet and you have to hot box it to get it dry. Im vaping the fire out of this carto, its such a subtle flavor its hard to pin point, Its not that the flavor is weak, just subtle. Ok now Ive found the cinnamon, its in my nose, just a little tingle. Its hard to pick it out in the flavor, its very soft, not a strong cinnamon at all but after you get going with this vape it starts to soak in and add to the flavor. The exhale is really clean, its like a little after taste of the flavor.

Vapor production is pretty good, your not going to roll out clouds with this one but it is a solid vapor

Throat hit is medium on this one for me, even at 24mg (sorry didnt mention earlier) the exhale is a little stronger than the initial inhale but still very smooth. I think the cinnamon has a little effect but not very noticeable, its a very clean smooth hit

Aroma, not much if any, which is a good thing to me with most lighter tobaccos. A french inhale really lite up my nose but like I said artificial cinnamon flavors and scents choke me up. I cant be around people chewing big red.

Over all I dont know if I hit the nail on the head with this mystery flavor but hope fully I gave people a little something to go on. I still occasionally fend for a analog, I think this would be great for those times, but the lack of tar and cancer warnings makes it taste even better. The hit is nice, the flavor is smooth and subtle like the light 100s I used to smoke. Ill email Jason and see how close it is, he also sent me a bottle of "Battery Acid" he says its a mix of cinnamon red hots and menthol. I imagine it will kick me in the teeth, so look for that review soon, And again, thanks for reading

No comments: