We Chase the Industry

Every week I will be testing and reviewing a new electronic cigarette or e liquid and documenting my travels and trials in vaping. Subscribe to our weekly mailing list, or like us on Facebook. Stay tuned for more from Vapor Chaser or Contact us @ blogvaporchaser@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

GS-H2 Bottom Coil Clearomizer: Review


I got a shipment of these in from a manufacturer in china recently. I wasn’t expecting much but they were a sample so you can’t beat a freebie.....or can you? I use BCC (bottom coil clearomizers) a lot as I chain vape and need an atomizer that wicks fast so I don’t get burnt or dry hits. I also prefer them to larger rebuild-ables as they are less intimidating to new vapers and smokers that have questions.

I have seen a few sites selling these so far but as they are cheaper than dirt I imagine they will be popping up in more shops soon
The design is nearly identical to the evod, aro, and other BCCs. The difference being they use translucent plastic instead of metal. The ability to use a less expensive plastic tube pressed from a mold lets the manufacture sell them for less than a dollar a piece.





 The metal band around the plastic is actually more sturdy than most CE4s I have had, but putting it in a pant pocket it still a gamble as it is only plastic. The tube is pretty narrow and will only accept the shorter style coil heads like the old protank/evod heads. The newer longer heads will not fit. The base is a standard ego attachment just like the other clearomizers. Overall it’s much more solid that what I expected for a cheap piece of plastic, but it’s once again, still a cheap piece of plastic.



Performance: The coil has about a one tank break in period. I did find when I cracked it open that there is a single "flavor wick" sitting on top of the coil unlike the two 1mm wicks in an evod protank head. At first I had a fit getting it to wick, lots of dry hits. Then after the first fill or two it started working like a champ. After about three fills I started getting a lot of flooding and with the short tip on the coil head I got a lot of boiling juice shooting up into my mouth. I shook out the excess and tried again.....and again......and again. Once it finally started performing it quickly went to hell. I finally turned the voltage up and vaped on but never got it back to normal. I tried cleaning and reusing the heads, but with no luck. Finally I swapped the tips off and evod and continued to use it with minimal issues.

Overall: If you really want to save a buck these can work well, but only if you use a better head. I think the main appeal for these will be color and appearance. I gave away most of these to people using a CE4 and wanting to try a BCC. The reaction was about half and half. Half went running back to their CE4, the other half bought an Evod and were happy.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I would say, the review is just perfect in description of what the item is like and of the way it smock. I expected this to be a quality clearomiser with the perfect appearance. Well it became a disappointment and it kept spitting large amount of liquid into my mouth. My recommendations, from experience I'd say CE4. Its the cheapest option but at least it doesn't spit.

June said...

I use C4's and go through them like no ones business.The center stem after 2 refills ends up leaning to one side so far that the little rubber cap touches the side a the C4, this then makes the drip tip sit wrong and leaks. I did think about GS-H2..HELP
p.s
I use e-go c (can't stand the plastic 'tanks' it came with)

Anonymous said...

These are good, but you have to mind cracking the plastic thread around the base, over tighting, or pressure in your pocket will cause it to crack, just a hairline... and that all that's needed.. that's why you get bubbling when you hit, air is bleeding into the tank, and will cause a very very slow leak of juice as well.

Anonymous said...

For what they are, I think these are great. No they're not the best vape ever but for an entry-level clearo they have a lot to recommend them. They are dirt cheap so you can buy a big handful and try lots of flavours, they are completely transparent so if you get a problem you can easily see what's going on and how to fix it and they are, IME, far less troublesome than the ubiquitous CE4. You can learn to coil on them too, which is well worth it because as you say, the stock heads are a bit rubbish. I've been vaping a year now and even though I have a drawer full of much posher stuff I still find myself using these a lot of the time - these days with a microcoil and cotton wick in them.

Unknown said...

Mini Protank 2 Clearomizer-One of the best things about the MJTech Mini Protank is you can choose the variety of options that you have available to you in order to personalize your vaping experience.

Unknown said...

OWNOW is one of the most successful fashion social shop for trendy women. It stands for trendy and super combined fashion with excellent fit and qualities, as well as an optimal price/performance ratio

Anonymous said...

Not sure if anyones tried the unbranded version of the h2 but I read this review:
www.gs-h2-clearomizer.webnode.com

Just got some and I prefer them over the original lol

Amer said...

I still prefer using CE4 clearomizer tanks which are easy to use and refill, great for any major device. They are durable and good to use.

Jim Marven said...

What is the best site to buy e liquid from?
smoke e cigarette

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update you have nicely covered this topic. keep it up
Head shop hollywood

vapedistrict said...


SMOK Fit Vape Pod System Starter Kit is the first vape pod starter kit by SMOK, with compact size and smoothly design. Fit Kit, measured 18.4mm by 8mm by 107.5mm, is constructed with aluminum alloy and PC for portable and lightweight.