We Chase the Industry

Every week I will be testing and reviewing a new electronic cigarette or e liquid and documenting my travels and trials in vaping. Subscribe to our weekly mailing list, or like us on Facebook. Stay tuned for more from Vapor Chaser or Contact us @ blogvaporchaser@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Big Robs Solar Mod


This isnt the first but as far as I can find right now its the only show in town for a solar mod period. Let alone a solid mod like this one. I just got it in the mail today and it hasnt left my hand, here it is
The Solar mod from Big Robs Vape Mods

I had to steal BMWJens picture idea, the size is really surprising, even after seeing pictures it still seems small. Its a little awkward in the hand but once you put it down and pick it up a few times, you get used to the placement of the button and a comfortable way to hold it. its so skinny it slides in and out of pockets no problem. Definitely smaller than a pack of cigarettes, and easier to carry.



















On top you have a 510 connection, a couple of screws (sorry no way in heck right now that Im taking this thing apart) and the switch. The switch is tiny, tiny. Its a soft push, similar to a well used pen. It fires at about half way down, so your not trying to push it all the way down in the mod every time. Its a little awkward again, but once you find whats comfortable, its only an after thought. The softness of the switch is surprising at first but it really goes a long way to ease of use on this one. It makes it a lot easier to pick it up and vape with out having to make sure your holding it exactly right to fire the mod.



























On the bottom from right to left you have a charging port, the LED (mine is green) and another charging port. In the box I also received a USB and wall charger, and several (4) attachments including a micro USB. Nice to have if you need to charge a cell phone, mp3 player, or just about any other small electronic device.
The nice green LED on the bottom comes on to show you that its charging. As soon as I pulled it out of the box it started glowing. If you put your hand around it, the light goes off. I turned off all the lights (im in the basement) and sat it in front of my laptop, and it still drew a charge. I cant speak for battery life so far because it hasnt went dead.yet. I plan on placing it face down tonight so it doesn't stay on













































The solar panel on the front is solid, no flex to it. It seems to be a thicker panel than my old solar phone charger. The old phone charger was flimsy and broke in the car one day, but this mod is thick. Thats probably why it charges so well. The body is as sturdy as my ipod, this thing looks so small and dainty, ITS NOT. Im not encouraging any one to use it as a hammer but I have had a several boxes that didnt come any where near the solid construction of this mod.

Ive ran through a few carts and attys. From 1.5 2.0 2.5 and 3.0. I get great vape across the board. I did notice one thing that I really loved. every time I get a battery off the charge it never preforms as well as the first few puffs. I get that kind of hit and performance every time, every push of the switch I get a solid hit and great vapor.

Overall, As Advertised, its a little awkward at first but the performance and versitility of this mod will make you forget all about that. The switch is a little soft, some will find it a plus some will worry about a fat thumb going rouge and breaking it. To me it makes the mod less clumsy. Size is a big plus, its really easy to carry. I cant say enough about how surprised I am about how solid the construction is. And come on, its solid, charges itself, charges your phone, vapes like a champ, fits well in a pocket, and looks cool doing it. Im really glad I got one before Big Rob is over run by orders. They are working on the new website, and hope to have it configured some time this weekend. Jen told me "We've got silver, gold, red, pink & black in stock for $46 shipped." in the mean time you can drop an email to gemsandjuice1@gmail.com. Thanks for reading

No comments: