We Chase the Industry

Every week I will be testing and reviewing a new electronic cigarette or e liquid and documenting my travels and trials in vaping. Subscribe to our weekly mailing list, or like us on Facebook. Stay tuned for more from Vapor Chaser or Contact us @ blogvaporchaser@gmail.com

Monday, September 2, 2013

Twist, Spinner, and Winder 6 month Review

In March I decided I wanted to sell my DIY eliquids. After checking out my options I came to the conclusion that kits were a necessary evil. With the rapid growth of e cigs and the expansion of the market I saw two extremes; Cig a like devices like njoy and blu, and mechanical mods. When I convert a smoker I always go with an ego CE4 kit, so that is where I started looking. I ordered samples from several major manufacturers. Joyetech, Vision, and Smoktech were the first companies I contacted. I purchased 20+ kits from each and threw them in to my regular rotation. I have vaped on one form of ego or another daily for 6 months now. I also gave away more kits than I could count to every type of vaper I could find that would agree to use one. I kept in touch with them over the past few months, checking in to see how they were doing and how the batteries were holding up. Most were new vapers that needed regular attention, many were current ego users that were thrilled to get a VV device, a few were current twist/spinner/winder users, and a smaller few were mod users.


I already had a few twists I used on a regular basis so I had an idea what to expect from each device. I broke out the multimeter and tested each device for true voltage. To my surprise all were within 1/10th accurate from 3.2 to 4.8 on a full charge. After a few weeks I could predict to the puff when one would die. I took the batteries to about 10% charge and measured again. Another surprise, they were all still within the same tolerance. I assume that over the past few years manufactures have become aware that if they sell substandard hardware that we "the vaping community" will find out and will steer clear of those products. So performance wise all things were equal.

Look and feel is very similar among all three devices. The biggest difference being the Smoktech Winder as it has a smooth look, glossy finish. I was expecting it to slip out of my hand and be a constant drop hazard. After weeks of use I noticed it was more of a clear coat feel like metallic paint on a car, glossy but micro textured. The coating provides more than enough grip that after the first week I didn’t even notice a difference between the rubberized batteries and the Smoks. I’m not going to bother quoting the exact weight as the difference is so low it is indistinguishable. The twist is about 1/4 inch longer than the spinner or winder but again a minor difference.

So by now I imagine you are wondering "then what are the differences?" Well after 6 months the only big differences come down to wear and tear.

Smoktech Winder:
Pros: The adjustment dial is still firm, the lettering is still legible and I like the texture of the dial. I get about 3 bad low voltage puffs before dies but it still keeps consistent voltage. The finish has a couple nicks but hasn't degraded. The firing button is still firm. I didn’t have one smok battery die yet
Cons: None really just a gripe. The center pin is relatively high. When I switch from evods to Aros the pin is pushed down too far to make contact. This is more because of the length of the evod than a fault of the battery though, and with other smok clearomizers I don’t have this problem

Vision Spinner
Pros: I still get consistent voltage; the finish is still intact with minor flaws. The firing button is still firm
Cons: I had a lot of complaints about the dial becoming loose and making it easy for the dial to move and change voltage when you’re not paying attention. I personally had a couple like this myself. Some complained that their batteries wouldn’t charge after a while, but we found it to be an issue with the chargers. I also had 2 out of 20 that died at 4 and 5 months and would not charge.

Joyetech Twist
Pros: Consistent voltage, firing button is firm, the dial is firm
Cons: The joye had the thinnest coating. I had a lot of nicks and scrapes and the same was true for my testers. I had 3 DOAs. The bottom dial has lost all markings, the smooth and thinness of the dial makes it hard to turn at times for some users.

Overall:
I would recommend any of these kits for new or current users. The ability to change your voltage and customize your vape to suit your preferences in warmth, and taste is a great feature. Though some held up better than others, all performed great for 6 months. I tried a lot of knock offs along the way and none could match the longevity of these three devices.
I was impressed by Smoktech as they have had some issues in the past with poor quality in batteries. I haven’t had a problem with any of my winders yet.
I was disappointed with Vision, I lover their clearomizers but the dial on a lot of the batteries was loose from the beginning and only got worse by month 6.
Joyetech performed great but wasn’t designed well for long term durability. The finish was a lot thinner than my previous versions and the numbering on the dial was gone in a month of heavy use for me. As always thanks for reading.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post ~ Thank you for sharing!

vision spinner said...

Nice post and We provide Genuine Electronic Cigarettes, Highest Quality E-Juices and associated accessories, E-Cigs, E-Cigarettes or E-Cigs in Houston, Texas.

Unknown said...

Hi,


Electronic cigarette factory offers you best services for young guys, now every one is feeling more stylish to use these. Thanks..........

Unknown said...

I used on a regular basis so I had an idea what to expect from each device. I broke out the multimeter and tested each device for true voltage. smok aro

Unknown said...

This is an informative blog by which I have got that info which I really wanted to get. kraken clone

Anonymous said...

Why no battery breakdown to check the internal components and wiring?

Anonymous said...

Your writers have capability to make understand the users, great stuff you have provided to us.
Vape Clouds Store

VaporCig said...

Splendid, E-cigarette is better than original cigarette.Original cigarette is very bad thing for your health.We are providing a deal in USA.In which e-cigarette, Ecigs-Northwest Houston, Buy Online Protank, Mini Protank, Kanger Protank 2, Buy E-Liquids, E Liquid Vapor etc..I wanna discus on this topic.Thanks for sharing this information.

Firehousevapors said...

Electronics cigarettes is a the   best approach for every smoker and very beneficial.E cigs are better than tobacco products because of their progressive design and lack of a fire source. The amount of bad chemicals is vastly lower in an e cig than tobacco cigarettes, and as a result, it is a worthy investment if you are looking to find different and new methods to smoking.Thanks for sharing this information.

Unknown said...


I have go throgh this page and its blog for more follow our blog:-

Whether you are in a Government organization or you run a public sector agency and anxious about Samsung call recording or Toshiba call recording at your workplace then we will help you. Our most featured multimedia recording device can help you record any media like Siemens call recording. If you want to get tracks of all phone calls made, then you can try our call logger software.

Unknown said...

Nice Post!!!
Quitting smoking is tough, but vaping is the action you can take today to improve your health and reduce your risk of serious health problems in the future. Visit Cleancig and we’ll show you how tens of thousands of people have quit smoking with vaping and electronic cigarettes.vapor kits

Unknown said...

excellent and very well researched article Thanks! now a days i use Banana Milk E-Liquid its such like banana milkshake i like this flavor

Unknown said...

great article lots of information i use http://www.jvapes.com/ their juice is amazing

vapedistrict said...

SMOK INFINIX Kit has built-in 250mAh battery, which can provide you with dense clouds. No fire key, no up or down button, just simply inhale you can enjoy the surprise from Infinix. And there are two pods included in the kit, both of which have 2ml capacity, you can fill them with the e-liquid you like. It has sleek appearance, the mini body can be your best partner wherever you go. Infinix kit is the incarnation of modern philosophy!

pheobe22 said...

Quality stuff may be the key to invite the users to visit begin to see the blog site, that’s what this site provides. best menthol vape juice

Unknown said...

I'M NOW FULFILL FINANCIALLY BECAUSE OF THE LOAN I GOT FROM LFDS .I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how i came in contact with LFDS after i lost my job and being denied loan by my bank and other financial institution due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then i set out to seek for funds online where i lost $3,670 that i borrowed from friends which i was rip off by two online loan companies. Until i read about:Le_Meridian Funding Service  (lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com) somewhere on the internet, Still wasn't convince because of what i have been through until a relative of mine who is a clergy also told me about the ongoing loan scheme of LFDS at a very low interest rate of 1.9%% and lovely repayment terms without penalty for default of payment. I have no choice than to also contact them which i did through text +1-989-394-3740 and Mr Benjamin responded back to me That day was the I'M best and greatest day of my life which can never be forgotten when i receive a credit alert of $400,000.00 Usd loan amount i applied for. I utilized the loan effectively to pay up my debts and to start up a business and today i and my kids are so happy and fulfill. You can as well contact them through email: (lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com)  WhatsApptext  helpline: +1-989-394-3740 Why am i doing this? I am doing this to save as many that are in need of a loan not to be victim of scams on the internet. Thanks and God bless you all, I'm Oleksander Artem from Horizon Park BC , Ukrain.